Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas! Part 1

Merry Christmas Eve!
I know for some of you this day before Christmas isn't a big deal but for me I celebrate Christmas Eve with my daddy's side of the family, and Christmas day with my moms. (Divorced parents) So yesterday my family and I made tamales.... They are so much work but oh so worth it. Sadly I don't eat them anymore because I am a vegetarian but when I did eat meat... Man all mighty they were life changing. How could a tamale change one's life? I have no idea, but they did, and they were so gooooooooood. 

Whoah mama, I went to a Christmas party tonight at a family friends house and a white elephant
gift exchange occurred.. :/ I always have terrible luck with these exchanges. So I go to open a gift and what do I find myself with? A nose hair trimmer. Yes, a nostril hair follicle remover. Luckily the hostess took pity on me and let me trade it for a zebra print blanket. But a nose hair trimmer? I suppose if you need it, you do what you have to do, but I don't have unwanted tufts of hair in my nasal cavity so I most certainly did not need it. Everyone laughed about it and then we all sang Christmas carols, but I will forever be known as, "Nose trimmer girl."

Have you ever gotten a weird White Elephant gift of any sorts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment