Saturday, February 11, 2012

Caffine, oh caffine

Hello Everyone! I am so sorry that I have been M.I.A. for the past month or so, my life has been absolutely crazy! I just started my school's swim team and it has made me absolutely exhausted. Between swim, debate team, voulenteering, AP classes, and attempting to have a social life, I have just been way to busy to even think about posting which I know is no excuse but I plan to do much better. :)

Anyways, I have an addiction... Caffeine. Yes, I am a coffee and tea freak. I kind of need to go to CA (caffeinated anonymous) and take the 12 steps to being free of espresso! Unfortunately, that's not really possible.. My addiction is not to the point where if I don't have it in the mornings I get major headaches and moody, but I do depend on it to wake me up about 4 or 5 out of the 7 wonderfully busy days of the week. Now I know caffeine is not good for you, neither is all the stuff usually added into the nerve stimulating drinks, but I cant really go to bed at 11 or 12 PM and get up at 4 AM and expect to get through my day without a little help.

A few of my favorite coffee drinks include the following: (NOTE: All are from Starbucks and include various sweeteners and "diversions" from the actual taste of coffee, I'm not  a hard-core coffee flavor lover, I just like the effects it has on my poor nervous system)

1.  MY FAVORITE- Sugar-free vanilla Soy Latte.. Its a wonderful upgrade from the boring ole' skinny vanilla latte

2. My most obnoxious beverage... But I promise you, the $6 cup of joe is so worth it, its like Christmas in a cup (excuse The Proposal quote)- A TALL double cup, 3 pump chai, 3 pump sugar-free vanilla, soy milk, extra hot, extra foamy, extra cinnamon sprinkles, no water chai latte. Try saying that five times fast..

3. A non-fat Caramel Macchiato (Boring I know)

Those are pretty much the only hot beverages I buy at Starbucks, however, when the Christmas drinks come around that is a WHOLE other story. Its like the Christmas themed drinks apocalypse, I kid you not.

As for teas... I pretty much drink any chai, green, or chamomile. I put a bit of lemon in my green, and a bit of non-fat or soy milk in my chai, I would put in almond milk as that is what I drink in lou of actual milk, but it just tastes extremely unnatural.

So that is my little schpel, do you guys drink coffee or tea? If so, what is your favorite way to drink it?

No comments:

Post a Comment